Information for the meeting webpage:
It is recommended that you plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible, since the visa application process to enter the United States can take longer than expected, especially during the summer months.
Check all the requirements needed to apply for a visa to travel to the U.S. with both:
- S. Department of State and Homeland Security: https://travel.state.gov , and
- S. Consulate or Embassy in the country where you live.
Consult with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country where you live for detailed instructions on the several steps to apply for a travel visa as early as possible, as the procedures from every Embassy or Consulate might require additional supporting documents.
IF YOU NEED an invitation letter to attend the AFS meeting for A TRAVEL VISA APPLICATION, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Register and pay for the meeting:
Online registration will be available April 1, 2017. Register and pay in full by July 8, 2017 to receive the Early Rate, or from July 9 to August 11, 2017 and pay the Regular Rate. You will get a refund of 80% of total costs if visa is denied before the refund deadline (July 31, 2017). No refunds are issued past this deadline.
- After registering, request a letter of invitation from AFS:
- Email Juanita Flick at firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably using an institution or school-issued email address.
- Include a supporting letter from your home institution with associated contact information.
- Include your name, affiliation, and school or institution address
- Make sure your name is listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter from AFS or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.