The poster session will take place on Monday, August 21 (6:00-8:30 p.m.) in the Exhibit Halls of the Tampa Convention Center
Poster setup is scheduled for Sunday, August 20, from 4-6 p.m.; additional assistance with poster setup will be offered on Monday, August 21, from 10-11:30 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. Presenters should plan to be at their posters during the Poster Social on Monday night from 6-8:30 p.m. Posters will be displayed until Wednesday, August 23. Posters must be removed no later than 1:00 p.m. Wednesday.
Posters will be assigned to a symposium, if requested; otherwise posters will be grouped into contributed poster sessions. E-Posters: Due to high demand, we will not be able to accommodate all requests for electronic poster displays and requests will be honored on a first-come basis. Presenters assigned to e-posters will be contacted with additional information well in advance of the meeting.
Please use the following guidelines when developing your poster:
- A poster consists of easily read text and graphics describing the objectives, methods, and findings of a fisheries-related project or study
- Posters are to be arranged as a single large display in landscape orientation, with a maximum size of 4’ W × 3’ H (1.2 m × 0.9 m). No exceptions please!
- Posters should be laminated or printed on high-quality glossy paper. The 4 ft maximum width includes any border areas on the poster (i.e., the total laminated width of the poster).
- Multiple-panel posters will not be accepted
- Presenters should plan to bring their own materials for attaching posters to the poster boards (recommended: push pins). AFS will provide some emergency supplies.
We also recommend that you follow the guidelines presented in a recent article about making posters: http://afs.confex.com/afs/Carline_Poster_guidelines-3.pdf
For questions regarding posters, please contact Debra Murie at firstname.lastname@example.org