Stop the Invasion!
Innovative Lionfish Management
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 | 11 am – 12 pm
30B, Tampa Convention Center, 4th Floor
Lionfish have the potential to negatively impact recreational and commercial fisheries and ecosystems.
Join a group of experts involved in lionfish research, management, and awareness, to highlight innovative and viable solutions to help fight the invasion of lionfish in our waters.
Among the proposed issues for discussion:
- Broad, regional environmental impacts.
- Local and regional impacts on commercial and recreational fisheries.
- New fisheries management solutions.
- Creative seafood marketing solutions.
- The future landscape for invasive species prevention/management, including legislative solutions.
- Representative Holly Raschein
Florida House of Representatives, District 120
- Mr. James Ballard
Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission
- Dr. Stephen Gittings
NOAA, National Marine Sanctuary
- Dr. Will Patterson
University of Florida, Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- Ms. Kali Spurgin
FWC Division of Marine Fisheries Management, Lionfish Outreach
- Mr. Dave Ventura
Whole Foods, Florida Region Seafood
On Twitter, follow the #Lionfish hashtag or see our Facebook page facebook.com/AmericanFisheriesSociety for livestreaming of the panel.
Note: Seating will be limited.